Capital :- Canberra
Language :- English
Official Currency :- Australian Dollar (AUD)
Climate :- Generally Arid; temperate in South & East tropical in North
Intake :- February & July
Time Difference :-
Canberra, Sydney & Melbourne – (+10 hrs UT/ GMT) 4 hrs 30 mins ahead of IST but has 1 hour of extra daylight saving time during summer.
Brisbane – (+10hrs UT/GMT) 4 hrs 30 mins ahead of IST but does not have daylight saving time during summer
Adelaide & Darwin – (9:30hrs UT/GMT) 4hrs ahead of IST but has 1 hour of extra daylight saving time during summer
Perth – (+8hrs UT/GMT) 2 hrs 30mins ahead of IST but has 1 hour of extra Daylight saving time during summer
Australia is a country with a vivid mix of cultures, first –class infrastructure, high quality education and cutting-edge research, and its rich lifestyle and landscapes. Australia’s capital cities regularly rank among the world’s “Most Livable” cities. When most people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of outback bush, kangaroos, koalas, the bluest of skies, the freshest air, the cleanest water and a wide range of exotic fruits and vegetables such as kiwis, mangoes, avocados and so on available throughout the year. Most of the population live around the wide coastal area with the biggest city being Sydney followed by Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and so on. However, besides all this Australia has so much more to offer than just these stereotypical images.
The Growing Destination :- Australia is rapidly growing as one of the third most popular destination for international student. Australia has a robust, world class education system with a large range of education option across the Vocational education and Higher Education Sectors. A significant majority of Australian Universities are ranked amongst the top 400 Universities of the World (Times Higher Education Survey – http:/www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/word-university-rankings/).
1. Australia is a multi-cultural nation that has built rich fabric of communities living in harmony. Australia is a constitutional democracy based on the values of equality, fairness, non discrimination and justice, which is underpinned by a robust parliament system. These values define the Australian culture & are the basis for the Australian term “mateship” or “mate” which means camaraderie or friendship.
2. The Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) is a quality assured national framework of qualification in school, vocational education and training (VET) and higher education sector in Australia. All university program that are available to international students must comply with the requirements of the Education Services for Overseas Student (ESOS) Act. All education providers are subject to the requirements of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). These features provide peace of mind to prospective students knowing that they obtain high quality, internationally accepted qualification, while being supported through the process
3. A key feature of the Australian Education system is the ability of students to “Earn while they learn”. Australia is one of the few countries where overseas students are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight during the academic year and full time during vacations. If the student is doing his / her masters & has their dependent along with them then the dependent has unlimited work rights for the duration of the course.
4. Of the 39 Universities in Australia, 37 are government funded. The education system is essentially non-elitist, with the quality of infrastructure, teaching faculty, course curriculum and extra-curricular facilities at a uniformly high standard across all educational bodies. Their key perceptional differences between universities are built around their age and level of Research.
5. From Indian students perspective, education in Australia offers:
• They are readily accepted for postgraduate study at leading International Universities.
• Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent position worldwide.
• Students can travel with family
• Australia is at the forefront of new technology and innovations. Not many people know this but Australia is among the top 10 spenders in the world for research and development & 2% of all scientific paper in world come from Australia